Wednesday, September 16, 2009

App Engine Why Won't You Work?

Ok so dude, honestly, I'm a developer. No big deal there. Working on Google App Engine which is a nice service. 1.3 million requests per day free, yeah you can't be that price point. Been trying to send documents I get from a web service into Google Docs. The shit is not working. Why? Not because of anything I'm doing, the method just isn't allowed. App Engine doesn't allow you to reference local files to upload. So, they why not create a new file inside the 'src/'? Well that's not allowed either. I could possibly just have a blank doc and populate it with the data every time someone wants to move a doc, it could work but that's a butt ugly way of doing things. Still might try it though.

I understand that all these methods are not allowed because it's a good way to prevent virus and for the amount I'm paying, free, I shouldn't be complaining. But seriously, I've been explaining things for a while to other people and they keep giving me the same suggestions, which just ARE NOT ALLOWED!

No comments:

Post a Comment