Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kinda limited here

So what do you do when your job is researching internet technologies and your corporate network is having problems? Well maybe it's not the network it could be a router nearby that's gone off the deep end. It is rather hard to work on things when I have no ability to access them through the internet, which is where everything lives. Both the good and bad of cloud computing I guess.

While the major of places we needed to go were down for only about 40 minutes I unfortunately am unable to even pretend to work because I have almost nothing on my actual physical machine. My personal overseer sit directly behind me so things get kinda weird when I'm just sitting around killing time.

So, what's a good sport to do when you cannot/don't want to do work? Office gossip is nice, some is actually useful, learning about new hires etc. Other parts not, like where we're drinking this weekend. Ah well, feel better now cause of the venting.

No comments:

Post a Comment